About Idaho Public Television
50 Years of Service to Idaho
Idaho Public Television (IdahoPTV) is a statewide, non-commercial broadcast telecommunication system and new media provider based in the capital city of Boise with additional staffed facilities in Moscow and Pocatello.
We harness the power of public media to encourage lifelong learning, connect our communities, and enrich the lives of all Idahoans. We tell Idaho's stories.
These foundational values guide our efforts to meet the needs of the communities we serve:
- We earn the trust of our viewers by providing engaging, informative and balanced media content and resources.
- We earn the trust of our donors by operating efficiently with integrity, transparency and accuracy.
- We maintain a professional statewide broadcast delivery system to reach all Idaho communities, delivering excellent programming, local productions, online resources and educational materials.
- We value highly skilled, passionate, creative employees who have the highest integrity and offer them the support they need to be successful.
- We offer engaging, quality educational content and access to resources for parents, teachers and people of all ages, encouraging exploration and discovery.
- We foster participation and collaboration in educational, informational and civic activities.
- We provide free programming and resources to every Idaho community, valuing the needs of our diverse audiences.
- We implement proven technology to increase access for all and are proactive about embracing innovative ideas and concepts.
- We are attentive to the needs and concerns of the communities we serve, valuing diversity of people and perspectives.
- We are a community-supported public media organization and utilize our resources effectively and efficiently to reach the highest standards of programming and services.
Learn more about our 50 years of telling Idaho's stories.
IdahoPTV is an entity of the Idaho State Board of Education, which holds in the public trust television and related broadcast telecommunication licenses issued and governed by the Federal Communications Commission. The State Board of Education holds open meetings. For dates and times, visit the State Board of Education website. The State Board of Education members are: The State Board of Education members are: Debbie Critchfield, President; David Hill, Vice-President; Andrew Scoggin, Secretary; Emma Atchley; Linda Clark; Don Soltman; Richard Westerberg; and Sherri Ybarra, Superintendent of Public Instruction. Matt Freeman is the executive director of the Idaho State Board of Education.
The IdahoPTV staff is led by:
- Ron Pisaneschi, General Manager (Ron.Pisaneschi@idahoptv.org)
- Jeff Tucker, Director of Content (Jeff.Tucker@idahoptv.org)
- Jenifer Johnson, Director of Development (Jenifer.Johnson@idahoptv.org)
- Sandy McBride, Director of Communication (Sandy.McBride@idahoptv.org)
- Rich Van Genderen, Director of Technology (Rich.VanGenderen@idahoptv.org)
- Bruce Reichert, Executive Producer (Bruce.Reichert@idahoptv.org)